Visitation Academy
     ...we are called to act justly, to love tenderly, to walk humbly with our God.

     222 N. Farview Avenue, Paramus, NJ 201-262-6067




 
Visitation Academy Timeline
Alumni Updates
Photos 1972
Photos School Year 1974 -1975
Photos School Year 1986
Photos 1992 Faculty
Archdiocese Alumni Page
Schools Office of the Archdiocese (pdf)

Visitation Academy Timeline

1958 - OUR LADY OF THE VISITATION SCHOOL WAS BUILT AS A PARISH SCHOOL IN BY MSGR. MCHENRY. THE SCHOOL WAS STAFFED BY THE SISTERS OF CHARITY AND WAS ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE CHILDREN IN GRADES 1 THROUGH 8.

1970 - THE KINDERGARTEN PROGRAM WAS ADDED

1984 - PREK4 PROGRAM ESTABLISHED 

1991 - THE SCHOOL BECAME INTERPAROCHIAL AND AFFILIATED WITH TWO OTHER PARISH SCHOOLS, SACRED HEART IN ROCHELLE PARK AND ANNUNCIATION IN PARAMUS. ALL THREE SCHOOLS FORMED ONE NEW SCHOOL AND THE NAME WAS CHANGED TO VISITATION ACADEMY INTERPAROCHIAL.

1992 - PREK3 PROGRAM ESTABLISHED

2012 - RECEIVED THE PRESTIGIOUS BLUE RIBBON AWARD OF EXCELLENCE.

2015 - THE NAME WAS CHANGED TO VISITATION ACADEMY AFTER THE “LIGHTING THE WAY” PROGRAM WAS INITIATED THROUGHOUT THE ARCHDIOCESE OF NEWARK AND PARISHES NO LONGER SEPARATELY SUBSIDIZED SCHOOLS.

2016 - OUR KINDERGARTEN CLASS WAS RELOCATED TO THE PRESCHOOL WING AND OUR EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER WAS CREATED.

2018- VISITATION ACADEMY RECEIVED MIDDLE STATES RE-ACCREDITATION